Friday, June 29, 2012

friday high five - involved

We do a lot. We're involved in a lot. To be honest I wouldn't have it any other way, even though this has been the busiest we've ever been. And my pet projects are...

1. The school. I love our little school, our teachers and our principal. Since I am a working Mom and I can't be in the school to help out I enjoy sitting on council. I feel like I have a handle on what's going on at the school, straight from the horse's mouth.

2. The Canadian Cancer Society via Relay for Life. Cancer has taken some remarkable people from my life and this is my way of honouring them and fighting back. The Jersey Girls have raised $7200.80 in the past two years. It's truly one of the most rewarding events I'm involved in.

3. The Fair. It was only a matter of time before I got sucked into this one. The fair is something Mike and Papa have been involved with for a very long time. Mike is in the middle of his past President year and following this year's fair we're poised to step up to a bigger role in the School Fair, which I love because... well see number one.

4. Wesley Centre via our church. Every December we have a Christmas tree for donated mittens, scarves and hats. ML and I try to fill it with as many scarves and hats as we can. In addition we donate canned goods to them a few times a year.

5. Touch a Truck. It's an event I help organize with a fantastic group of people that benefits both the fair and our school.

1 comment:

Goofball said...

You probably don't realise what a fantastic role model you play for your daughters