Wednesday, June 27, 2012

graduation day

It's official my baby is a kindergarten graduate. She had a very cute "graduation" ceremony at the school earlier this week.


2012-06-27_0123


You know everyone tells us that Abby looks just like her Dad... and that may be true (personally I don't see it, but I trust all of you), but on the inside she is all me. The teachers were nice enough to invite the siblings in the school down the hall for the ceremony and Abby was there all of 5 minutes and I could tell she was overwhelmed. My sweet, heart on her sleeve girl was bursting with pride to see her little sister graduate and in a flash we were both weeping and it haven't even gotten started yet.


2012-06-27_0129


Our Little MyPie seemed ridiculously grown up standing up there with the other kids. She is so ready to head into grade one, it's not even funny. I don't even think we had made it home yet and she was asking if we were going to have at home summer school again this year. We are, of course. One is super stoked, the other... not so much. I'll let you work out which is which.


2012-06-27_0128


Her report card was lovely, she's reading at a grade one level. We were not surprised to hear that at all. She's already gone from borrowing one book, to two books and this week it was three books she brought home from our weekly trip to the library. That didn't surprise me either from the kid who asked for extra reading homework and who read 200 books this past school year.


2012-06-27_0130


Today was her official last day in kindergarten, now onto summer vacation and then I am so excited to see what grade one brings us.

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Cute pics!! Congrats!

Leah said...

Congrats Maya!