Tuesday, August 28, 2012

guess who's back

So this summer has been insanely busy, but low key at the same time. We've had lots of functions to attend and obligations to uphold, but we haven't really done much in the way to family fun stuff with the kids. Mike and I are off this week, the kids go back to school next week and I thought summer should go out with a bang! So I brought Elwood out of hiding!

I almost blew the whole thing out of the water since Abby saw me with the "Elwood paper" in my hand before I wrote the note. Luckily I had just written the grocery list on the same paper, so I able to put her off. Although I'm not 100% sure she let the argument go for my sake or her's or her little sister's because even when she was questioning the existence of Elwood she was doing it quietly so Maya didn't hear.

Today's note instructed the girls to get cleaned up and ready to head out the door at 11:45am. We got ready and low and behold there was a another note waiting. This one instructed us to head over to the Meadowlands and open the sealed envelope when we got there. The envelope had movie passes and instructions to see the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie and so we did.

So the movie was good, the popcorn tasty and the kids were thrilled with their treat from Elwood. I can't wait to have more Elwood fun for the rest of this week.

1 comment:

Leah said...

How fun!