Wednesday, September 12, 2012

seems like a good trade

No secret Mike is a huge Dukes of Hazzard fun. As a lucky bonus for me, the girls are even bigger fans. Which means a lot of Dukes episodes are viewed on my TV. Also, the Dukes soundtrack cd gets a lot of play in the van as we are out and about. The soundtrack has been in pretty heavy rotation this week and it's been wearing a bit thin for Mike and I.

On the way to the Meet the Teacher bbq....

Maya: Can you put on the Dukes?
Mike and I: (silence, if we pretend we can't hear her, maybe she'll forget she asked.)
Maya: Can you put on the Dukes, puh-lease?
Mike and I: (are chatting about the bbq and putting her off with some "in a second's")
Maya: You know, if you just put on the Dukes, I will shut up about the Dukes of Hazzard.

2 comments:

Bibliomama said...

There's a soundtrack? Why am I surprised?

Lynn said...

A soundtrack??? I feel like there's a whole subculture here I am unaware of. Must get out more.