Wednesday, October 31, 2012

halloween

2012-10-31_0076


Well the evolution of Shanny continues. It's Halloween night, my arch nemesis. If I could only explain to you how painfully uncomfortable Halloween was for me. People in costumes caused me a huge amount of anxiety. Mike was always in charge of handing out the candy, if he stepped away to answer the phone or use the bathroom I would pray no one would come to the door while he was busy. Dreaded Halloween night.

But here we are... Halloween night 2012. I came home from work, ran on the treadmill, had a bite of dinner and some how I found myself digging through the dress up box.....

2012-10-31_0060


Before I knew what was happening I was in a costume that I went out in. Left the house on Halloween night with my kids in a costume... a coconut bra and a grass skirt no less. The funny thing was my costume accidentally matched my pal the Dairy Farmer. So we had a hoot all night playing that up. Seriously, my life is that awesome these days.

2012-10-31_0053


I may have mentioned before that we live right around the corner from the home and world headquarters of a circus. They do Halloween up right. One of the guys was riding around the village on a penny farthing bike in a top hat, dress coat with tails and goggle, it was surprisingly creepy. At headquarters they had their  fog machine out and the kids played in the fog for a good 10 minutes.

2012-10-31_0068


The kids loved that Mike and I got into the spirit of things this year. Mike's "costume" may have been the hit of the evening, amongst the adults anyway. Gosh there was a lot of laughs over that. Don't worry the sign stayed discreetly tucked away in his coat and only pulled out after ID's were checked.

2012-10-31_0054


This may have been the best Halloween ever! So happy we got to share the night with such great friends! Hope y'all had half as much fun as I did.

No comments: