Sunday, February 08, 2015

sunday randoms

391,928 steps so far this year means I am still ahead of schedule. Yay me!

This past week had The Abster at sewing club (shes making a pillow),wood working club (she made a bird house) and art class (she painted a picture). I think she's got her creative outlets covered.

You'd think a movie starring Amy Poehler, Zach Galifinakis and Owen Wilson would be hysterical, turns out not so much.

In other news this last season of Parks and Rec is killing it already, only two episodes in.

Abby, Maya, and I are still working our way through Gilmore Girls, I kind of love Luke, kind of think Jess is a douche.

Today I deposited two more cheques via my smart phone and I paid for Abby's dance and civvies day on the internet. Welcome to the future.

We are out of Chicago Mix and no plans to hit up Costco until the weekend. Hashtag sad state of affairs.

I am officially addicted to Trivia Crack, not surprising given the name.

Just finished reading a great book, Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult.... now I say this while in the back of my mind I'm thinking Allison is reading this and her reading list is way more impressive than mine which is mostly fluff and chick lit with the odd biography thrown in... so in other words the anxiety is on the rise, but I really loved reading this so much I feel I have to tell the five readers I have out there that might actually be looking for a book to read. So there you go. It was great. I have never read her stuff before, but I am a sucker for an interesting cover on the display shelves at the library. Which is also how I ended up with Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, also loving. I am also a sucker for British writers. I actually just love the Brits, their shows are top drawer... I'm looking at you Downton Abbey and they have Ricky Gervais.  So enough said.

Also life was just really really good.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Goofball said...

The gilmore girls are great! I love the mother daughter interactions


I also love Jodi Picoult, but I have not read "Leaving time" yet.

Her books never disappoint. Sometimes just good & thrilling but sometimes very emotional. "My sister's keeper" really got me to tears. Salem Falls last page also smacks you in the face. The Pact is also pretty good
...as so many more :). I'll have to look up Leaving Time.

(yes love Downton Abbey as well and the original The Office)

Ana said...

Great blog yoou have here