Saturday, February 01, 2020

wedding things

We went to a wedding recently, which isn't something that happens often just because of the season of life that we happen to find ourselves in. Our friends are, by and large, already married and our friend's kids are just starting to get to that stage of life. So it happens, but infrequently. This wedding was for a sweet friend that I think the world of and having spent many many months listening to to how the plans were coming together, I was excited to see it all come together.

Guys, it was spectacular. Just a lovely day, that was so indicative of them.

Sidebar - it's an interesting experience to be writing this, after such a long hiatus from public blogging. The landscape has changed, a lot..... as have I. I am attempting to write things from my own perspective, but at the same time being mindful of how much of a shared story is mine to tell in this public space. Tricky, but I'm game to learn and adapt.

And back to the wedding. It was all around lovely. I wanted to move into the venue and just live there forever. The ceremony was sweet, the party was hopping and the company at our table was top drawer.

Specifically though, I wanted to share with you, the wedding favours because I thought they were the sweetest.






They were wine glasses, sourced at local thrift shops.  Each one different, all interesting shapes or colours. Each tag had a cute saying on the back about filling your glass with what tastes right. It was a perfect fit for the overall vibe of this wedding while also checking those eco friendly boxes that are so important these days.





Since the wedding we have used our glasses often and it always to make me smile. I never fail to think of my friend, their beautiful day and, often, how lucky I am to have crossed paths with her in this life.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man, I love weddings! I miss the big wedding years that were our late 20s. We went to my cousin's wedding this past summer and I think it was the first one I'd been to in 10 years.

I love the idea of the favours, too! I am developing a real Thrift Shop habit and it would be such a fantastic treasure hunt to find all these. I wonder if I could hire myself out - start a new Bridal business - where I will do all the Thrift Shop scouting for your favours? DREAM JOB.

Shan said...

I'd go into business with you on that!

Goofball said...

good to see you back here

fun idea of the thriftshop glasses!

Roman Adam said...

Good to read this amazing article!!
Thanks for sharing!!
women handbags

Back Biller said...

A handbag carried during the day is usually larger than the one that you'll be taking to dinner. No matter what the occasion, it is never appropriate to put one's handbag Designs on the table-it is considered extremely rude no matter how expensive or beautiful it is.