Saturday, April 14, 2007

Feeding the addiction.

I have been in desperate need of new running shoes for quite some time. The ones I wear for work were quite literally falling off my feet. I mentioned my need for new shoes to Mike on Friday afternoon and he suggested we take a trip to the mall and get me a pair. My Mom is now working at the mall, so we could get a quick visit in with her at the same time. Abby just loves going to "Granny's workshop", mainly for the escalators although Granny's a pretty big draw herself.

After we had something to eat and in between me socializing with long lost friends Abby and I headed off to the shoe store. I was done uber quick since I picked up a pair identical to the ones I already had. Since we had the time, why not check out the kids shoes? What could be the harm? Abby was like a kid in a candy store. Okay so that's not the greatest metaphor, but you get the idea. She was excited. Very excited. In seconds her boots and socks were off in anticipation of trying on all those beautiful summer sandals. She would have tried on the entire wall if I had let her.

After trying on these:

051530_beauty


and these:

055637_beauty


We finally settled on these:

2007-04-13 002


Which also happen to light up when she walks. I bought them for a couple of reasons the biggest one being Payless had their BOGO sale on so her's were half price. Also I knew she truly loved them and would appreciate them. I wasn't, however, expecting her to love them this much:

2007-04-13 003


Oh yes, she did sleep with them.

3 comments:

darlene said...

omg!...what a flash back for me, i remember ( not sure how old i actually was)
i loved this pair of shoes sooo much i too slept with them....too funny, thanks for the memories!! Abby Girl
hee hee

L Sass said...

I am truly upset that the light-up shoes revolution occurred after my childhood. AS's niece has a pair and they are too cute!

Shan said...

Yeah I was pretty disappointed to have missed out on the light up shoes myself.