Wednesday, October 03, 2007

what's cooking wednesday - slow cooker orange chicken

Well I just finished watching Dirty Sexy Money and I cannot tell you how much I love this show. I LOVE IT! And not just because Peter Krause has been my secret boyfriend since the first season of Six Feet Under. Please do yourself a favour and start watching it. Or if you're already watching it let's discuss.

Okay on to the eats. Well, it has been said that I should use my slow cooker more and I have to admit Darlene is right I should. So this weekend I hauled it out and slow cooked this up.

2007-09-29 005


Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tbsp flour
1/3 cup Kraft Pure Orange Marmalade
1/3 cup Kraft Original BBQ sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot

Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker.

Stir in remaining ingredients; cover with lid.

Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours (or oh high for 3 - 4 hours).

Recipe Notes: How easy is that? Super easy, that's how. The only little change I made was a dash of regular ginger in place of the fresh gingerroot. The sauce came out nice and thick, the chicken had a great flavour. There was nothing bad about this recipe.

Mike 3.5/5
Shan 4/5
Abby - I thought we were having pizza. I don't like chicken.
Maya - Throws bits of chicken around the kitchen.

Still Hungry?

pasta alla norma at bleeding espresso...
hearty chicken and noodle casserole at Auntie Dar's Life
chicken soup for the bloggers soul at Piacere
apple pie filling at So Much To Do So Little Time
finally from our youngest participant a very interesting salad, welcome to WCW Emily.

And from the "she's on a roll" files.... I am happy to announce Karen as the winner of the Nestea Singles. Congrats Karen!!

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

shan...that is chicken-perfect...citrus & ginger - great flavors. might just be time to dust off the crock pot that was on summer hiatus!

darlene said...

what the ___ Karen wins everything!!....boo hoo!....lol