Tuesday, October 02, 2007

you're da best

I have to tell you the two plus years I've been blogging have been a trip. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. I wasn't expecting it to become such a big part of, not only my life, but of me. I wasn't expecting to connect and bond with people I'd never laid eyes on before. I certainly wasn't expecting to share laughs and tears. And yet here I am, over two years later and it seems to me I've built myself a little community. Today of all days I truly appreciate what a gift that community is because you guys, well you just rock my socks off.

Today was my brother's Ride for Africycle. I am proud to say that he completed the 100 mile journey this afternoon somewhere in the area of four o'clock. He celebrated with a "poutine martini", which apparently is poutine with onion rings. Who knew? I haven't yet spoken to him as he conveniently ended his ride where he's attending a Pastor's conference for the next couple of days. I wish I could give you a finally tally, but I hear that the bean counters are still counting.... beans. I am under the impression that he did not meet his goal, but in the big picture I'm not sure that matters. It was a success any way you look at it and I am already hearing rumblings of The Ride for Africycle 2.0.

What I can tell you, thanks to you wonderfully generous people out there on the interwebs, is that we managed to raise $70 for Dave's cause. I am completely overwhelmed by that. And grateful, so very grateful. I have no adequate words to express it. I'd like to thank those of you who took the time to help promote Dave's cause. I did tell him of your efforts and he was thankful for the help. It's certainly worthy of a little linky love, so to my favourite Italian citizen, my fellow Mom in the trenches, the uber talented Jackie and last but not least my beloved Darlene I thank you a million times over. Also a huge thank you to those who took the time to donate to the cause. You are all amazing.

Now for the big news..... The Winner of the Dell Ditty mp3 player is...................

my internet BFF
Karen!!!

Congratulations Karen! I will pack up your goodies and get them in the mail shortly.

Thanks again to all who helped out. I appreciate it immensely.

3 comments:

darlene said...

congrats Karen!!...wtg!!....

Karen said...

Yay me! thanks, Shan! And I'm so glad that Dave had a good day - what better way to finish up then with a little heart-stopping cholesterol-laden yumminess.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - glad to hear your brother had a good ride.