Monday, February 18, 2008

spreading some linky love #4

Well it was Valentine's Day just last week and in honour of that check out these lists of the most unbuyable on-screen couples and the most chemistry oozing on-screen couples.

I struggle, as I'm sure most Moms do, with trying to fit everything into a day. I find what I neglect first is the housework. I'd much rather colour, play a game or read to the girls instead of scrubbing the toilet. For the most part the house is tidy. If you pop in uninvited, which by the way, we do not mind, provided you don't mind some dirty dishes in the sink or toys strewn from one end of the house to the other or a load of folded laundry waiting for someone to lug it up stairs. Some people like to be a lot more organized in their housekeeping routines. And some, like me, wish they were, but likely are never going to be.

When Abby's hair was longer I loved "doing it up" for her. Braids, ponies, pig tails, french pleat (or fish tails or whatever they're called). All this was of course before she decided to cut it herself resulting in her new shorter "do". Even on my best day I couldn't hope to accomplish this totally adorable french braid. I'm in awe! I wouldn't even know how to begin planning that out.

Life is just full of moments, isn't it? Big moments, little ones, life changing moments, strange moments and everything in between.

How cute would Maya look in this hat? I am so going to knit her one.

4 comments:

Leah said...

ahhh, how sweet are you to link to my site about that french braid!!! I swear, it's actually rather easy, though! Next time I do it, I'll try and have someone take some step by step pics or something! LOL

and DARLING cupcake hat and mittens set!! I have a cupcake hat pattern saved in my favorite places folder, but I haven't seen coordinating mittens! so cute!

and isn't Kellan the greatest? LOVE HER!

Shan said...

leah - well it was stunning. I mean I think I might be able to pull it off, but it wouldn't look anywhere as neat as yours. I know they are the sweetest. I can't wait to give it a try. And Kellan just rocks! Love her too!

Kellan said...

That hair do Leah did was fabulous, wasn't it? I wouldn't know where to start with that hair either - but, I love it too!! Have a good evening Shan - see you later - Kellan

Angela said...

House work does seem much less important than playing with our children.
My son loves to help so I have him help cook and clean. Unfortunatly he is not old enough to do the stuff I don't like to do