Wednesday, March 25, 2009

michael

Well even though Mike's birthday was at the beginning of the month, we didn't get around to celebrating it with my Mom until March Break. She cooked up his favourite thing for dinner and bought him a maple walnut cheesecake. And I let her even though I hate maple walnut. But that's not even what this post is about. This post is all about the birthday candles which Mom and I happened to find at Zellers.

022009_0314(029)


They spell out his name. How cool is that? Or how pathetic are we that we thought this was the coolest thing ever when we found them? And for the record, I wanted to get the ones that spelled out Mike, but my Mother pointed out that Michael was the same price, so why not get more bang for our buck? Smart woman she is.

And we'll close out the post with a rare family portrait.

022009_0314(037)


10 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Awe! Love the picture. And the candles are way cool. As you get older the number on the cake is harder to deal with, and names make that much better..... (have I told you how I dread my next birthday?)

Julie said...

Love those candles. I'll have to look for them at our Zellers for Max's 2nd bday party.

Unknown said...

Love the candles and what a lovely family portrait!

Mommy Project said...

Love the portrait! Happy Extended Birthday, Mike. :)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Michael!!!

Love the family picture. I'm preferring the ones where the kids are doing wacky stuff (like staring intently at the cake) than the perfectly posed pics.

Do you think they have the names: Paris, Jazz, or Simone?

FaithChick said...

What a beatiful family! And I think the candles are awesome! How neat is that.

Tessa said...

Hello, Shan - I've just popped over from Lola's blog after reading her delicious Wednesday recipe for Zucchini flowers and being a mad keen cook myself, I had to find out about the creator of 'What's Cooking Wednesday'. How lovely to 'meet' you - and to get here in time to see not only you, but your gorgeous, loving little family as well! The cake looks beautiful, too, with those special candles.

I'm too late to join in this week, but hopefully I'll have something ready, with photos, for next week's fun food swap!

Leah said...

hooray for rare family portraits! We don't end up with many of those either. Yours turned out pretty darn cute. and btw, I'm continually amazed at how much Abby looks like her daddy,and how much Maya looks like you!!!!!!!

Shan said...

Betsy - yep the name is great when you don't want to broadcast the age!

Julie - I hope you find some.

City Girl - thanks!

Mommy Project - Yeah I really like it myself.

Widney - they had ready made names, but also loose letters so there definitely was a Jazz, Paris and Simone:)

Faith - aww thanks!

Tessa - oh that is very sweet. Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to see your first WCW post!

Leah - We hear that all time, but we don't see it as easily as everyone else does.

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.