Saturday, March 21, 2009

twilight

Well it had finally arrived Twilight was available on dvd. And what better way to celebrate it than with Heather (aka Edward's true girlfriend) and a Saturday night viewing. We tried to get Robin to join us, but she was being a party pooper or had to take care of her "recovering from surgery the day before" daughter. Something like that. Lucky for us (I guess) Michael decided to man up and be one the chicks and watch it with us. I'll let you in on a little secret -- he loved it. And in fact can't wait for the next movie.

022009_0321(007)


Well because my goal is to live as much of my life n my jammies as I can, we had a Twilight jammie party. Mike refused to participate in that portion of the evening, but he was all in for the Twilight themed treats I made.

022009_0321(001)


I just left those cupcakes out on the counter and I guess some errant Vampire stopped by to sink his or her fangs into each and every one. And before I found the vampire bitten cupcakes on the internet I made these sugar cookies.

022009_0321(003)


Bats and moons. Not that Edward ever actually turns into a bat and this movie was Twilight and not New Moon, it was the best I had.

I truly had the most fun hanging with Heather, who even came early and joined us for family game night (Disney Scene it -- so fun!). And the movie was great. I thought Robert Pattinson was a good choice for Edward, although I'm not sure I totally bought the actors as Esme and Carlisle. They seemed a bit too young. And Mr. Jenny Garth was a bit too much the same colour as his hair. I'm always a little worried when they make a book into a movie, but I'm learning to separate them, let them stand on their own and not compare. I thought it interesting how much Mike enjoyed the movie without having read the book. From that I'd have to say they did a pretty good job with it. And now I really want to read the books again.

And now I really want to do jammie movie night again. Who wants to come and what are we going to watch?

10 comments:

Mommy Project said...

You and me, jammies, and a little Ferrell/Reilly? (in a few months...when Lily-Pie will let me out of her sight for a bit).
;-)

Looks like a great night and your treats are just incredible. You are so creative! :)

H Munro said...

So jealous, my husband refuses to watch it. My best friend scored a free copy for me and it awaits me on my desk, but alas I will have to watch it alone!

Anonymous said...

Can I come?

Julie said...

I totally want to be a part of jammie night if there are party themed treats. You rock! Glad you liked the movie. And I agree, I wasn't a huge fan of the choices for Carlisle and Esme. Well, maybe they'll grow on us.

Leah said...

I sooooooooooo want in on one of those nights hosted by you, but alas, the trip is a little out of my ability! ha!

Sounds like you guys had a BLAST, and the vampire-bitten cupcakes were a fantastic and creative idea. YOU ROCK!!

Chantal said...

I just started reading Twilight this weekend. Not quite half way through.

Betsy Hart said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Angela said...

I haven't read the books yet, but was thinking about it. I may rent the movie and watch it.

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over. Save a cupcake for me would ya?

Shan said...

Mommy Project - it is a date! And thanks I love doing that kind of stuff.

H Munro - I never thought Mike would watch it, let alone like it. Insert shocked face here.

Julie LB - absolutely buddy!!

Julie - A bit of a commute, but you're totally welcome:)

Leah - I know -- if we all just lived closer!

Chantal - Are you enjoying it?

Betsy - it was tons of fun!

Angela - I recommend doing both:)

Suze - of course I will!!