Friday, May 28, 2010

banging my head on my keyboard

So my internet connection has become extremely unstable. We had somebody come out and demo an upgraded product for us and we'll definitely be making the switch. I cannot wait. This patchy internet makes me want to punch something. I'll be so happy when I can get online and take care of facebook, blogging, tweeting and farmville my very important business.

So if the new upgraded internet product is so awesome, why haven't you switched yet..... I'm imagining in my head you're asking. Well we were already to sign up, when I just got a feeling we should wait until after our mortgage renewal was signed, sealed and delivered. The mortgage renewal that's taken a hundred million years to get organized. I mean I thought we'd crossed the last hurdle with some paperwork we had to get a lawyer to clear up, only to get a call from the lady at the bank saying there was a lien against our property.

Um.... excuse me?!!?

Turns out there's another guy in our city with the same first and last name as Mike and apparently he doesn't like to keep up with his support payments. So Mike had to give a statement to the lawyer saying that he wasn't the same guy and once that paperwork is taken care of we maybe... just maybe... be able to sign those damn papers.

And then I will have internet that actually works when I need it to.

Now I hit publish and I cross my fingers and say a prayer to the internet Gods that the connection stays stable enough to post this. So if posting is spotty for the next little bit you'll know it's not me, but rather my crummy little internet stick.

7 comments:

Merry said...

My inlaws have lots of problems with their internet stick too. Sucky! Make sure and copy your post into an email/Word/something so if the internet gacks you'll still have a copy.

Julie said...

i can't believe that you live in such a small place and mike ends up with the same name as a looser! sucks. hopefully it all works out and you will be back on with a mortgage and the internet gods look favourably upon you!

Scatteredmom said...

What a pain! We used to live on Vancouver Island, where some guy had Hub's name and his drunk friends kept calling us.

SO irritating.

Bibliomama said...

Ugh, frustrating. My husband, who has the most WASP-y name imaginable, and travels all the time for business, started having problems at the airport because some dude on the international terrorist watch list had the same name. Deadbeats and terrorists should all have to change their names to I Am A Douche.

Mary Lynn said...

Gah! What a pain. So sorry. A friend of mine years ago got a job offer that required him to get a police screening. It ended up taking several months because there ended up being a guy with the same name, born the same year, who had an extensive criminal record. My friend had a go through a long waiting period while they confirmed that he was not the same guy.

Goofball said...

what a pain! I hope it all gets sorted out quickly

Shan said...

Merry - It's far from spectacular, but it was the only real viable option we had at the time. Luckily we only signed up for a 1 year contract, which was up in February. So there won't be any hassle to switch to something else.

Julie - Well we do live in a very small village, but we were amalgamated into a larger city a few years ago. So actually we live in a city of 500,000ish. I'm hoping it's all wrapped up very soon too. This has been such a pain in the ass.

Scattered Mom - My maiden name put my phone number right underneath Blockbuster in the phone book. I can't tell you how many calls we got for people wanting to know if we would hold a movie for them.

Bibliomama - That is an incredibly awesome idea.

Mary Lynn - It's scary isn't it? I'm still surprised that a lien could be applied to our home without us knowing about it.

Goofball - me too!