Tuesday, September 14, 2010

happy birthday grandma sandi

So Saturday was the night of the big rockin' 60th birthday party for Grandma Sandi. It was a real collaborative effort to pull the whole thing off. Papa OldBeard was not used to be on this side of the party planning duties and his nervousness that the whole party go off without a hitch was equal parts cute and annoying and I mean that in the sweetest way possible.

It was great to be able to hang out with family members I don't often get to hang with, even though I should.. like... all the time, because they are some super funny peeps.

020035


My sisters-in-law showed up with that giant plant. I don't even want to tell you how many "giant bush" jokes that led too.... you know, because we're 12. Ahahahaha it still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

020027


I could not resist these roses for Grandma Sandi. Aren't they just gorgeous?

020039


My girls, of course, were right in the thick of it for present time.

020005


I was insanely happy with how the cake turned out and so was Grandma Sandi.

020054


It was just a great night. Lots of laughs and lots of love. If everybody had half as much fun as I did, then we did okay!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Will you plan and hostess my next birthday party me? I'm just sayin'... you throw a good party and the cake was awesome. And the "bush" plant jokes... We've had nights that went down that path as well. LOL

Julie said...

happy bday to your grandma sandi. and holy cake batman! that is crazy awesome!