Friday, October 08, 2010

sweetest kid evah

There hasn't been much of anything going on in regards to family fun nights in the past month or so. Now that our busiest month is behind us I thought it time to get things back on schedule, so even though Mike had a fair obligation... I know, right? Insert shocked face here.... the girls and I settled in to watch Night at the Museum 2, which I hadn't seen yet. Maya was out like a light 5 minutes in. This was her first three day school week and I think it's safe to say it did her right in.

So it was just Abbers and I. Now before I tell you the rest of the story I must warn you..... SPOILER ALERT........ Are we good? Okay.

So basically the story revolves around this tablet that has the ability to bring the historical figures in the museum to life after the sun goes down. So we're at the part where two characters are arguing over the tablet and Abby turns to me and says....

I wish I had that tablet because then I would make your Dad come back to life.

We have discussed my Dad, Abby and I. Not very often, but he comes up. I am just endlessly amazed by her empathy and compassion. She makes my heart sing and I am so thankful she's mine.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

That is so cute! What a thoughtful little girl.