Tuesday, February 14, 2012

what's cooking wednesday - oatmeal chocolate chip muffins

I made these on a whim a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something for the kids lunches that a little something to them. A quick trip to allrecipes and I had this.

Oatmeal chocolate chip muffins

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup semi sweet choco chips

In a bowl cream together butter and sugar. Nest mix in the egg and then the dry ingredients and the applesauce. The actual directions say to alternate between the apple sauce and the flour mixture, but I missed that step the 1st time around and the turned out fine, sooo.... proceed however you'd like. Finally mix in the oatmeal and chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full at bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Recipe Notes:

These were a huge hit with Abby and Mike, Maya, not so much. I know.... what a shocking turn of events. Mike actually declared these the best homemade muffins he'd ever have. Only two small changes, I used milk chocolate since I don't usually have semi sweet chips in the pantry. The thing that I think made themost difference, however was adding a tsp of cinnamon to the batter. Oh yum!






*All front page links will be deleted!*
*Posts that aren't linked back will be deleted*
*Posts that don't include some sort of a recipe will be deleted*

Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

No comments: