Tuesday, July 31, 2012

signed up

So I did it. I signed up to run in that race in August. I did and then I thought what the eff? I don't typically do these sorts of things on my own and it looks like just me, myself, and I are doing this. My registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. So yeah... really doing it.

I was actually just mildly nervous until last night when I realized that there would be other people there. Other people there watching me run. That's another thing I don't do... things in front of other people. No public speaking for this chick, no dancing on stage, no making myself the center of attention.... you get the idea. I run in the middle of a corn field, there's nothing but my questionable taste in running music out there.

Yeah... why am I doing this again? Because as a lark when I started this running thing I said I was going to do it and now here we are. I'm not really sure how I feel about this whole thing. My brother is a road cyclist and he rides in many races, but he's a natural athlete and he really enjoys the competition. I'm not sure I'm wired that way. Who's to say though, I may be hooked on races forever after I finish this one.

2 comments:

Leah said...

SOOO proud of you! How exciting! Can't wait to hear what you think of the experience. XOXO

Goofball said...

oooh when's the race? which distance will you run?

I'm telling myself I need to participate in a local race end of December....as it comes closer I feel less certain about it