Thursday, June 06, 2013

tat

Well it's getting to that point. Touch a Truck is just over a week away so if you're looking for me you're likely to find me hunched over my laptop tapping out a gazillion emails. I'm doing this of course with my fingers crossed. Touch a Truck takes a lot of talking and texting and emailing to put it all together. People say they're going to be there, but you just never know what's going to happen. Trucks break down, things come up... it's the nature of the trucking business. So you talk and text and email a gazillion people and then pray that enough of them actually do show up to put together a half decent show.

The thing I love the most about Touch a Truck is how many volunteers it takes to put it all together. Over the past four years we developed some really fantastic relationships with business that just can't wait to be a part of the show. Every single truck is there because some really terrific company thought this was a worthy enough event to volunteer their resources too. And that is pretty amazing.

No comments: