Sunday, December 29, 2013

it really was a great christmas

Aside from the pink eye debacle we did enjoy a perfectly lovely Christmas with the girls. I didn't take a ton of pictures because of the eyes and really just wanting to soak up all their excitement. They may not have had much off their lists under the tree, but they were over the moon with what was there.

I loved my fashion plates when I was a kid, remember those? When I found out that Melissa & Doug made a version I knew I had to get it for Maya. What I wasn't expecting was for Abby to love it just as much. The spent half the day just designing outfits. I probably should have bought them a package of paper as well. The jumbo pack of markers that were tucked in Maya's stocking were a great addition to this gift.



We spent the day building lego and watching Big Bang Theory, eating cinnamon buns and just generally hanging out in our jammies. Santa even brought  me new jammies this year, which was great... you know I love my jammers. We shared a very yummy turkey dinner with family at Poppa and Grandma Linda's. There may also have been some presents. The girls are both headed back to art school for the winter. Maya's going to pottery class and Abby is headed to a class that allows her to try a bunch of different techniques and mediums. As for me I have books to read, a movie and a dinner out, new cake pans to bake in, a new hoodie, a year's worth of potential lottery winnings and some cash to spend on myself.



Boxing Day brought us brunch with Grandma Sandi and of course the upsetting pink eye diagnosis. So we ate some more cinnamon buns and Grandma's famous sausage and egg casserole. We finished up our Christmas puzzle and then spent the rest of the day with tea bags on their eyes.... oh that one was just me. The kids spent some more time with the lego and their new toys from Grandma Sandi before settling in to watch Despicable Me 2.



So yeah, I can't really complain about Christmas at all. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as well!

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Glad you had a good one. I felt so bad when I read your last post.

Kaci said...

Ugh for pink eye! Yuck! Glad your Christmas was amazing.

Lynn said...

Sounds like such a lovely time! Sorry about the pink eye...but everything else sounds just perfect. Ours was very similar, and similarly joyous. Happy new year!