Wednesday, May 28, 2014

the case of the missing fitbit charger

My fitbit one requires charging once every seven to ten days. Over two weeks ago when I got my battery low notification I plugged it in to my laptop and dutifully charged it up. What I dutifully failed to do was return my small fitbit charger to it's resting place in the junk drawer when I was finished with it. I promptly forgot all about it until the low battery warning popped up yet again.

Ooops..... where did that silly thing go? I searched high and low. I searched the logical spots and some of the illogical spots. I stomped round the house like godzilla growling at every one who even glanced in my direction. I offered up exorbitant rewards for whoever could find my wayward charger.

You see around here the kids set an clear the table. Since I don't have dedicated desk space my laptop is almost always on the kitchen table, so the kids clear it off the table every night for dinner. My best guess was the charger had been stuffed somewhere during dinner time chores. After a week of wracking our brains and hard core searching by both Mike and I (and somewhat halfheartedly by the children) we were ready to admit defeat. Just buy a new one, Mike insisted. We searched everywhere we can think of. It will likely turn up eventually and when it does you'll have a spare, but it probably won't show up for a while.

So I bought a new one. $27 with taxes and shipping and they had it to me in a day in a super huge box for my super tiny charger..... but that's a story for another time. I dutifully plugged in my now dead for a week fitbit and charged her up, clipped it back on to my bra and everyone was happy.

Fast forward twelve hours.....

20140528_183246.jpg


Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is in fact two fitbit one chargers you see in my hand. We were getting ready to head out the door this morning when Abby found it in her backpack. Her backpak! Now why didn't I think to look there? She claims I owe her that exorbitant reward and I claim she owes me $27.. so I think we're going to call it even.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You totally called it! Isn't that always the way? Oh well...as you say, now you have a backup :).

Betsy Hart said...

You knew that was going to happen!! So frustrating thought.

Fitbit Charge Small said...

What I dutifully failed to do was return my small fitbit charger to it's resting place in the junk drawer when I was finished with it. I promptly forgot ... fitbitcharge.blogspot.com