Monday, May 29, 2006

Transcript of an Argument

The Players: Almost 4 year old Abby and her cousin/BFF the almost 5 year old uber-serious Justin.

The Setting; Mid morning, the weather is hot and humid, the two kids play together on the swing set in our backyard. Abby on the single swing, Justin on the two seater bench swing with the canopy over top. Abby is swinging much faster and higher than Justin.

~Begin Scene~


Abby: Ha ha you're going slow.
Justin: Abby, don't be mean.
Abby: Mom, Justin said I'm saucy.
Justin: No I didn't I said you're mean.
Abby: Mom, Justin's not playing with me.
Jusitn: Yes I am. I said you're mean because you said; ha ha you're going slow. That's not nice.
Abby: Well you're getting on my nerves and my birthday is coming up.
Justin: Well I'm 4 and that's a big number.
Abby: Well I'm going to be 6 (she holds up 4 fingers)

~End Scene~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The birthday threat is huge with the preschool set. I learned this the hard way by being told several times I was not invited to a birthday party.