Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Yeah, I Love a Rainy Night

So I've been suffering from a wee bit of writer's block the last few days. Could you tell? I would sit staring at the cursor blinking away, taunting me, and nothing would come out. Nothing has happened in the last few days that I can make even remotely humourous. Or maybe I just didn't feel like it. I'm not sure. So today I concentrated really hard on every little things the kids did or said in a vain attempt to assemble some sort of worthy blog post. The only time I got close is when Maya started squawking her face off, interupting Abby's 347th veiwing of the Heffalump movie and resulting in the following conversation;

Abby: Mom, Maya's screaming and I can't hear my Heffalump movie!!
Me: And what would you like me to do about that?
Abby: Could you put her in her bed?
Me: You want her to go to bed?
Abby: Yeah, for two days!

Helpful big sister isn't she?

For lack of anything else to write about that little conversation was my only hope. On the other hand I don't really want to turn this blog into a collection of "A Transcript of... " posts. Then I thought maybe it was time to post 10 more reasons I love Michael, seeing as how our anniversary is fast approaching. Then I remembered I just did 36 reasons I'm in love with Robin. So I was back to square one. And then my lovely husband supplied me with this;

Tuesday night is grocery night and the kids went to Grandma Sandi's so Michael and I could shop in peace. You know because Mike cannot keep from arguing with his four year old daughter while in a store of any kind. So we hit up Wally and stocked up on bbq lighters, granola bars and baking powder. Then it was on to Food Basics. So we pull in the parking lot that is a total disaster. It's like the parking spots lines had ceased to exsist tonight. Everyone in the lot had seemed to park any which way they felt like with a complete disregard for any other customer who was going to attempt to park his/her vehicle there that evening. Somehow we managed to find an adequate spot to park and Mike pulls in still complaining about the parking situation.

Now before I go further it's important you know that Mike holds the song "I Love a Rainy Night', by Eddie Rabbit in very high regard. Yes his taste in music is questionable. Do you know he made me watch Bands Reunited on the weekend. The band the were reuniting.... Scandal. Michael's a big Scandal fan. Actually more an I am a Warrior fan, but I digress.

As we parked the van he turns to me, in all seriousness, and asks..... who in the hell is blaring Eddie Rabbit?

Umm that would be you sweetheart.

He looks at me in utter disbelief. He shakes his head. I nod in return and point to the CD player that is showing "track 17" as playing.

Oh shit it is me.

Yep! Because, honey no one else in the world anywhere is playing Eddie Rabbit. Not even Eddie Rabbit.

No comments: