Sunday, May 06, 2007

This is the day.

Well it happened again, Abby was the only junior choir member to show up at church the last time they were scheduled to sing. And once again she marched her way to the front of the church and sang all by herself. Well I'm assuming she marched because she likes to march. You see neither Mike or I was there this time. With the warm weather comes busy weekends for Mike. So he needed to be out of the house and I needed to be in the house. With Maya. So she could sleep. Once again Abby was very proud of herself.

We're very proud of her too, but I do worry. I worry that if these older kids keep on missing practices and performances that the choir director will cancel the junior choir. Abby loves it very much and I'd been really rather annoyed if she had to pay for some other kid's laziness. Grandma Linda, who took her to church that Sunday, said the choir director wasn't planning on having Abby sing at all that day, but Linda suggested she at least let Abby practice it see if she'd be able to manage on her own. And she did, which didn't surprise me at all. She picks up the music amazingly quick at practice when you consider she's the only choir member who can't read. Luckily Grandma Linda was thinking along the same lines as I was so I'm hopeful that we would be able to convince the director to keep it going even if it's just Abby.

Obviously I didn't get footage of Abby singing at church, but I did manage to tape a special encore presentation.


No comments: