Monday, September 10, 2007

fundraising iniative

I have been known to enter a few contests and, even better, I've been lucky enough to win a few here and there. The one I was, at the time, most excited about winning was the Rip Your Wrap contest. After trying for days I finally managed to win myself, a Dell Ditty mp3 player. And by "myself" I mean Michael who was dying for an iPod, but seriously he didn't really need one, more importantly we couldn't afford one. After waiting an immensely long time for my prize to actually arrive we didn't need it because Grandma Sandi had gifted us with an iPod Nano for Christmas. So the Ditty has sat forlorn and forgotten in the closet never seeing the light of day. It's a sad life for the Ditty, but now it has the chance to do some good.

I'm sure by now you are all aware of my brother's Ride For Africycle and his goal of raising $10,000. To help him in reaching his goal I am offering up chances to win the Dell Ditty. A mere $5 donation will get you one chance at taking that Dell Ditty home with you. Included with the Ditty is the software, ear buds, lanyard, owners manual and the 512 mb Ditty. We did open the box when it arrived, but that's as far as the relationship went. Please use the make a donation button in the right sidebar and write something in the message section so I know it's for the Ditty. I will draw a winner October 2, 2007 the day of Dave's big ride.

2007-09-09 060


Not much for gambling? How about a sure thing? I have also partnered up with Grandma Sandi and am offering her handmade beaded bracelets for sale. For $3, half of which will go to support The Ride For Africycle, you can have your choice of wooden bead, glass bead or novelty/kids bracelet. The bracelets are stretchy and simply roll on over your hand. Please use the make a donation button located in the right sidebar and leave a message letting me know which bracelet/colour you'd like. Grandma Sandi is always making more so please ask if you'd like something special.

2007-09-09 021


2007-09-09 019


2007-09-09 024


Thanks and good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shan. How sweet that you are helping your brother. I pledged some money to help him out. Wish him the best of luck for me.

Sam said...

Hello, pleaged some money today, it is a great cause, plus it couldn't hurt to win the MP3 player. Best of luck with the fundraising.