Tuesday, September 11, 2007

random act of kindness, it seems fitting

Six years. Seems so much longer. Like everyone else in the world I remember where I was when I first heard. I was at work and people were trickling in with this story about a plane hitting a building in New York. My naive self immediately thought it had to be an accident. It was beyo9nd my comprehension that it could be anything else. I remember heading over to Wal-Mart with Kathy to buy a radio to find out what was actually going on. Later at home we switched on CNN and pretty much kept it on for the next week. We were glued to it waiting to hear the next update, the latest news, endlessly crying over the horrific loss.

This morning on the radio I heard of a movement to make September 11th Random Act of Kindness day. It made me smile a little as I lay in my bed because I could think of no greater way to honour those who lost their lives on 9/11. If we all just did one nice thing for someone else what a lovely thing that would be.

My heart and prayers are with the loved ones who remain. We will not forget.

1 comment:

qualcosa di bello said...

my first thought too was that it must have been an accident...sadly that is not how i think anymore

but, random acts of kindness are the perfect remembrance!

great post!