Saturday, March 08, 2008

ain't no party like a scranton party

Hi, come on in. Here let me take your coat. And your hat. And your mitts. Oh and your scarf too. Yes it has been a brutal winter hasn't it. So glad you could make it out in this snowstorm. Very dedicated of you. Here let me mix you a cocktail. And help yourself to the pigs in a blanket. Let's get this ultimate party started. Yes the fine folks over at 5 Minutes for Mom are hosting the Ultimate Blog Party and they have all the right elements to make up one wicked party; prizes and an excellent guest list.

If you're a party goer popping in, allow me to introduce myself. I am Shannon, known most often as Mommy to my two adorable girls, Abby (5) and Maya (2). I am the best wife ever, to Michael, the love of well over half my life now. I work. I cook. I clean. I kiss boo boos. I knit. I watch trashy TV. I read. I watch movies.

And for this month I am into.......

The Thing I've Been Working on Most: Um besides the laundry? Probably the super cool big creative project with one of my favourite Mom's, The Mommy Project. Not a lot of actual work yet, but lots of talking. Talking is good. I like talking.

TV Show I Used To Love But Now Hate and Refuse To Watch Ever Again: Dinner: Impossible. Okay, hate is a strong word and I haven't actually stopped watching it, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to now that the truth has come out. I'm not sure why he felt it necessary to tell such extravagant lies and ones that were so easily disputable. It's too bad, he was really great on the show.

TV Show I Sometimes Hate But Really Like This Year: Umm I'm not sure. I don't think I have a show that fits into that category.

The CD I Can't Stop Listening To: I don't listen to CD's much per se. I'm more of a radio kind of a girl. Mike was stuck on Trooper's Greatest Hits for a few days. Now he and Abby are onto Hawksley Workman. So I guess, by association that's what I'm listening to most.

My Favourite Blog Entry This Month: friday flashback - coming by it honestly

Blog I am Always Visiting: I hate to pick just one and I really have to get around to updating my blogroll. I'll pick the new kid on the block, The Mommy Project.

What I am Looking Forward to Next Month: Spring, if it ever decides to show up.



20 comments:

Alexandra said...

Great Post! Glad I found your Blog. Keep Partying!

Gerbil said...

I'm right there with ya on Dinner Impossible (although in MY book, Dinner Impossible is more: sick husband, teething toddler, a box of macaroni, nothing thawed and a stalk of celery in the fridge. Ai.)

Michie said...

Thanks for inviting me to the party! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup. I'm enjoying reading your young, fresh, "hip" blog--and the fact that you like A Mighty Wind is aweseome. It's probably my second favorite movie--we sing "Eat A Oes" all the time!

mommytherobot.blogspot.com said...

nice to meet you. never done the party blog before but its pretty interesting so far!

Leah said...

apparently I didn't read blogs this weekend or something as yours is the third one I've come across mentioning the Friday deal, except it's SUNDAY now. LOL

It was fun reading your q&a's even though I have no idea what the TV shows or music items you listed off are. LOL

KarenW said...

Ah spring. . . we get it every few days here and then it decides to be winter again. Enjoy the party!

Melissa said...

Hope your having a great blog Party!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Love it. Happy Party . . . hop over to mine! Blessings.

Kellan said...

I hope you are enjoying the blog party - I always enjoy coming by your house - you are the greatest hostess and such a good friend.


Thanks so much for coming by today and leaving the kind thoughts and prayers for our sweet little baby! I hope you've had a good weekend! I'll see you soon. Kellan

Angela said...

I am looking forward to spring too, but I just wish my alergies could stay away.
Liked this post

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

I found your link on the UBP post and thought I'd stop by and say hello. Stop by my blog if you get the chance!

Shan said...

alexandra - thanks

gerbil - sounds like my dinner impossible some nights

michie - you're welcome

linda - thanks. Eat at Oes is a good one. I find myself singing that Mitch and Mickey song a lot too.

mommytherobot - glad to have you.

leah - sorry, Canadian talent you know. Gotta support the homegrown stuff.

Karen - we have the very same dance going on here as well.

melissa - I am thanks.

we are that family - (hey so are we) thank you.

kellan - thanks, you are the sweetest. You know I am thinking about you a lot these days.

angela - yeah allergies stink.

nikki - hello.

Shan said...

alexandra - thanks

gerbil - sounds like my dinner impossible some nights

michie - you're welcome

linda - thanks. Eat at Oes is a good one. I find myself singing that Mitch and Mickey song a lot too.

mommytherobot - glad to have you.

leah - sorry, Canadian talent you know. Gotta support the homegrown stuff.

Karen - we have the very same dance going on here as well.

melissa - I am thanks.

we are that family - (hey so are we) thank you.

kellan - thanks, you are the sweetest. You know I am thinking about you a lot these days.

angela - yeah allergies stink.

nikki - hello.

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Gillian Gauthier said...

OH, you're an Ontario blogger! Me too! Where in Ontario are you?
Good to meet you! Thanks for the party!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi there... nice to meet you... have a great day... party hearty... take care and don't be a stranger... from an Aussie in the US who loves photography and travelling...

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hey I didn't realize you were partying too; pleased to re-meet ya ;)

Heike said...

Greetings Shannon!
Nice to meet you! Yummy pictures :)...


Stop by my party soon before it is over!

http://www.goddessinthegroove.blogspot

Tes283 said...

Well worth leaving the warmth of the south to visit you. Good old fashion food. That you for inviting us. I brought some Rose jelly to put in tea for some relaxation time. Yawn, you are a real party animal.
Oh, there is a box of sunshine in the car for you. Do you want me to bring it in now for everyone to share or do you want to bask in the warmth. 80 today.
Thanks for the party got to get the kids down for nappy time.