Sunday, March 09, 2008

enough with the snow

How odd to see the sun out today after yesterday's endless snowfall. Abby finally made it home this afternoon after lunch. Although she would have liked to squeeze another sleepover out of the deal.

Mike went out early this morning to shovel and even though the snow was thigh high out our back door it could have been much worse. Our wonderful neighbour was over yesterday to snow blow our driveway. Twice. Mike had most of it shoveled when he arrived this morning to do it again. He did save Mike from doing the back breaking job that is the end of our driveway. We are the first driveway from the corner and the speed and angle of which the plows pass our driveway guarantees one heck of a pile of heavy wet snow blocking us in. So Mike was extremely happy to see him. They are calling for rain later this week and to that I say thank God because I really don't know where we could put anymore snow.

2008-03-09 022


More and more around the blogosphere I have been seeing posts about tiny moments. Often it's a theme for an entire month. I love the idea. One of my blogging BFF's Karen from Virtually There is doing just that. I don't think I'm going to do thirty days in a row, but you can expect to see our tiny moments pop up now and then.

2008-03-09 028


Today before Abby got home I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies and had them all ready for after dinner decorating. Yes they may have used more sprinkles then the cookies could structurally hold. And yes Maya may have licked her fingers many times before grabbing another pinch. And yes they both now have stained fingers and lips, but we had fun and that's the most important thing.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I LOVE tiny moments!!! and WOW do you have TONS of sprinkles in those containers!! Those cookies look YUMMY, tell the girls they did a great job!

Shan said...

Thanks Leah. The sprinkles are leftovers from when Grandma Linda and I used to make and sell chocolate truffles. Some we rolled in sprinkles. We don't make the truffles anymore, but the sprinkles live on.

Anonymous said...

I can't wrap my mind around that much snow!! I'm from Tx so when we get an inch everything shuts down.