Sunday, May 18, 2008


I'd love to be able to tell you that I'm only walking for my Grandma. Well that's not exactly true. I'd love to be able to tell you she's still here holding marathon perogies making sessions and cranking out hot cross buns by the oven full, but that's not the way things are. She was my first brush with cancer. There have been others since then and I'm going to walk for them as well. For Papa Joyce, Papa Al and Sylvia. For all the times the threat of cancer has been whispered around my inner circle. For the times it's touched the lives of those who are important to me.

I have set a personal fundraising goal for myself of $250. Right now I am at 10% of my goal. If you'd like to help me raise the remaining 90% you can donate online by clicking here, selecting pledge a participant and entering my name, Shannon Revill. Thanks so much everyone!


Angela said...

Good for you
Life sure is fragile isn't it.

Norma-ann at The Mommy Project. said...

I hope you get the rest of your 90% soon, Shan! It's a very important cause: cancer will touch 1 in 3 people at some point in their lives.

I think you are doing a wonderful thing!

Good Luck, gf!!

Shan said...

Angela - yes it is.

Normie - thanks, I hope I do as well.