Thursday, March 05, 2009

thankful thursday

Good news is The Mommy Project is back blogging after some well deserved time off to snuggle that brand new baby of hers. It was she who told me that listing the things I am thankful for will increase my happiness by 25% and I am all in for that.

I am thankful for...

1) Packages in the mail. Especially surprise ones. Tuesday there was an unexpected bubble envelope from my brother in the mailbox. Here's the thing about Dave. I love him to death, he's my baby brother and I truly think the world of him, but he's horrible about keeping in touch. He never calls or emails and if you call or email him odds are he won't get back to you. It's just a defect he has. I try not to take it personally especially since I know that if I needed him he would be here in about 3 hours. So imagine my surprise when I recognized his address as the return. I didn't even wait to get home to rip it open I was so desperate to know what he had sent. About two weeks ago I vaguely mentioned to Mel that we'd been watching season 2 of Flight of the Conchords and asked if they had been watching it as well. It is exactly the kind of show they would love. Turns out they had been. In the envelope, season 1 (which I missed) on dvd. My emailed note of thanks has so far gone unanswered, but I'm so impressed with the multi step process to get the dvd to me I'm willing to let it go.

2) That Abby finally got her hair cut. You see Abby sleeps on her back most of the night. And since she's a bit of a restless sleeper by the time morning rolls around the back of her head is one giant knot. She cries when I have to brush it out. Not really the way I want to spend each and every morning. I have to admit it was shorter than I was expecting, but I totally love it. I'm thinking of a variation of that cut for myself.

010013


3) That my sitter is a hairdresser. Abby got her haircut before school yesterday morning while I was at work. It's so nice and helpful to have one less thing that needs to be scheduled for after school/work hours.

4) For the warmer weather that we're expecting this weekend. Especially after the frigid temperatures we've been experiencing.

5) That my Mom stopped by tonight and we made plans for our next sleepover. The girls can't wait.

And what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love Abby's cut! It looks awesome! And she seems really happy with it too. Hopefully the hair brushing went a lot smoother this morning.

Betsy Hart said...

That does look cute!

FaithChick said...

I love her hair cut! Kind of like mine and I am taking Reni this week to get hers cut for the same reasons. I know what you mean bout the younger brother thing too. I am the oldest of four and the only time I hear from my younger one is when he needs or something. Usually some guy time with my hubby. Great post!