Friday, April 03, 2009

friday high five - free day

Time for a little Friday High Five hosted by Angela's Adventures and Minor Mishaps.

I am about to make the most obvious statement in the world -- Once you have kids your time is no longer your own. And that's fine with me. I was fully aware of what I was signing up for. But let's just pretend for a minute. Pretend I have an entire Saturday all to myself. What are the five things I would do?

1. Browse all the wonderful crafty things at Michaels. Pick up every single thing in the baking aisle and dream about all the wonderful things I could create with it. Go check out all the pretty yarn. Wander up and down all the aisles full of crafts I don't even do -- yet.

2. Hit up Chapters and grab myself a tea and pour over the cook books, discount chick lit (my absolute favourite kind) and the magazines.

3. Watch a movie that isn't animated or have talking animals in it. With ice water in a glass that only I will drink out of and popcorn in a bowl that only my hands have been in.

4. Read an entire book on the couch under a blanket.

5. Bake and decorate cookies in the middle of the day, instead of late at night after the littles are asleep.

What would you do?

6 comments:

Becca said...

Cute idea for Friday HIgh Five! I can't even begin to list all the things I would if I could!

Angela said...

I LOVE number 3! Too funny! Oh to see a movie that is not animated with talking animals! That'll be the day!

Julie said...

On a sunny day: garden all and read a book on the porch. On a rainy day: curl up on the couch and watch an entire season of Buffy.

Betsy Hart said...

I have no idea... at this momoent a stiff drink is sounding good, but I still have one attached that might cause a bit of an issue!

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Great list!! :)

Did you get the book yet?

Shan said...

Becca - thanks! It was tough to narrow it down to five. And thanks for stopping by.

Angela - tell me about it:)

Julie - Sounds like a good day too. Minus the gardening :)

Betsy - that's funny.

Motherhood - Thanks and yes I did. Thank you very much. It just arrived. Can't wait to dive into it.