Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a kids this and that

So I know I still have to tell you all about the awesome Easter weekend we had -- and I will, but before that I need to share some random kid news with you.

First and the biggest news of all. Sucky is MIA and has been since Sunday afternoon. Maya asked for it Sunday night when I put her to bed. I told her I couldn't find it and she went to sleep without it -- eventually. That was the last time she asked for it. Now I just actually have to find it and dispose of it before she finds it and remembers how much she loves it.

Yesterday Maya ate a banana flavoured popsicle. And liked it. Sure it's a popsicle and not exactly the healthiest thing in the world, but it was a new food. I hope it's a trend that continues.

Today Abby tried craisins. She didn't like them, but she gave them a shot.

Also tonight, she blew me away with her reading. There were very few words she had to stop to sound out. She brings reader books home from school, but this week she forgot to trade her books out for ones she hasn't read yet. So tonight we picked a book off our shelf to read. She was thrilled beyond belief to be reading one of her very own books.

So far this week Mike hasn't been around much at all. He's had meetings and commitments and a tractor to deliver for our dairy farming friends. I'm not going to lie to you, the house has slid slowly out of control while I've been holding down the fort on my own. Tonight as the girls changed into their jammies there was a sitcom on the tv and the characters were making a joke about how clean people have clean houses. Out of no where Abby pipes up with -- clean people have clean houses, we're somewhere in the middle. That's definitely true around here this week! What a funny girl she is.

5 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Somewhere in the middle huh? I think thats about where we stand too! lol

Julie said...

Hmm, if only we could all have cleaning fairies. What a wonderful world that would be.

Yeah about suckie. Hopefully you find it before Maya does.

Awesome that Abby likes to read so much. I really hope Max gets some of that from me.

Chantal said...

Ya, spring puts a serious dent in my house cleaning time. We just want to be outside ALL THE TIME. Oh well.

Leah said...

clean people have clean houses...then I guess it follows that dirty people have dirty houses... except I don't consider myself a dirty person, but my HOUSE has seen better days... lol!

good luck finding sucky (didn't we do this once before???) before Maya does.

congrats to abby on the awesome reading!!

FaithChick said...

That is so funny. You never think about the kids noticing but they do...and it starts early! Congrats on the reading. Reni has just started and the other day she read all the way through one of her books from school and I didnt even have to help her. I have to say I teared up a bit. It was like when she took her first steps. They are growing up so fast.