Sunday, June 07, 2009

seriously -- where?

My Mom has a natural affinity for massage -- a talent I admit I take full advantage of. Which I did this week by conning a nice long foot massage out of her. Problem is those girls of mine have clued in to how awesome getting a massage is. So while I'm sitting there trying to bliss right out, Abby is under my elbow with a stop watch telling me my turn is over.

Cutest thing though -- after Abby was finished getting her massage she offered to return the favour to Granny. Which was great for me. It kept her and her birthday party excitement out of my hair while I tried to put the final touches on the party preparations.

So they were sitting there, Abby "massaging" my Mom's feet and Granny asks her --

So Abby, are you going to be a massage therapist when you grow up?

And Abby says --

Yeah, but you'll be dead by then.

Where do they come up with this stuff? Umm isn't that the kind of scene they'd write in a Steve Carrell or a Will Ferrell movie? Luckily Granny is full of good humour.

4 comments:

Leah said...

oh no! I sure hope Granny has a nice LONG life and lives plenty long to see Abby fulfill whatever career path she chooses...

That's pretty hilarious though! And they say these things without missing a beat... ROFL

Infarrantly Creative said...

I looooooooooooooove foot massages. They are a little luxury in life I wish I could talk my hubby into more often. Your daughter is hilarious. I love those funny moments that comes out of the babes mouths

Betsy Hart said...

Poor Mom!!! That is too funny though!!

Shan said...

Leah - I hope so too!

IC - Yeah, they're great. The massages & the moments.

Betsy - it was.