Monday, August 03, 2009

knowing me, knowing you - august

Time once again for that monthly interview project I started. I hope you'll play along here or in the comments or heck make a note out of it on facebook.

1. Would you rather swim in a pool or a lake?

Pool. I like clean water I can see through and yes there are lakes out there like that, but the pool -- it's right in my backyard. Our pool is nothing fancy, it's a steel framed pool, 12 feet across and 30 inches deep. Just perfect for the little folk that live here. Bonus it's still big enough for Michael and I to get in and cool off.

2. Where do you do most of your internetting, from a desktop or a laptop?

Currently a desktop. We actually have two desktops. The one I'm on right now we bought new last year. Our old one is in the girl's toy room for Abby to play her games on. It's not hooked up to the internet. And to be perfectly honest I'm surprised each time we flip the switch and it actually works. I'd love to have a laptop. And I just may get one -- one of these days. Even Mike thinks it's a good idea and that's half the battle right there. Truth of the matter is there's three of us vying for computer/internet time and I don't anticipate that problem getting any better.

3. What did you do today?

Well I slept in. That was a nice surprise. Then I spent the entire day totally ignoring all the housework I could have been doing and instead worked on the beginnings of a large project I volunteered for. The woman who used to tabulate all the prize winnings for the school fair entries retired this past year. Next thing I knew I was offering to take the job on. So I've spent some time setting up spreadsheets and now it's just a matter of inputting all the data. It's a big job and I'm only dealing with the first 10 sections of the prize book. The remaining 16 sections will be coming in a few weeks. Then I swam with the kids and the plan was to go out to East Side's to take advantage of our gift cards/kids eat free night. Instead Abby decided to have a mini meltdown so Mike and I decided, wisely, to cut our losses and throw some quesadillas on the barbecue. Oh and there was laundry.

4. Have you had enough of this cool rainy summer?

Yep! Next question.

5. Chocolate pudding or butterscotch?

I am definitely a chocolate girl, as is Maya. Abby will only eat the lemon meringue pie pudding.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun! Have suggestions for next months questions? Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know.

5 comments:

septembermom said...

I'm playing along today too! Great idea to learn more about each other. I wish I had a pool in the back. We all battle for computer time too! That prize book keeps you very busy. Good luck!

Jen said...

I'm with Abby on that pudding! I hope the project goes easily.

Betsy Hart said...

I will be playing soon :) I love getting to know you, I only wish you were close enough I could use your pool!!

Shan said...

Septembermom - Thanks for playing along.

Jen - I hope so too. It's not a necessarily difficult one. Just time consuming.

Betsy - That would be nice.

Kristina said...

I didn't do last month because time slipped away from me! I'm linking twice - once for July and once for August.