Sunday, August 02, 2009

let's review - nestea vitao

I am a water girl. Given the choice that's what I pick to drink. I don't like pop at all with the exception of the pop that's in my very delicious punch or topping up my glass of rum slush or the two to three cans of grape crush I indulge in. Even that only amounts to a handful of pop drinking a year.

Of course when I require a beverage with some flavour, that's when I reach for the iced tea. If I'm being picky it has to be Nestea and preferably Nestea zero. I hate wasting calories on drinks when I could be wasting them on the world's best brownies (watch for them on an upcoming WCW!!) or stuffed mushrooms. So you have to know I jumped all over the opportunity to try out Nestea's new Vitao line.

I liked that these teas were a source of antioxidants from the natural green, red and white tea they use in making each flavour. The teas are made with real fruit juice with no artificial colours, flavours or perservatives and only 90 calories per can. They also offer 20% of your daily calcium requirement. Along with a helathy dose of vitamin c (140%) and vitamin e (8%). And now the flavours -- fuji apple green tea, acai blueberry red tea, and mandarin orange white tea.

I feel it's also important to know that in Canada Nestea Vitao is classified as a natural health product and not the run of the mill pop or iced tea you'd grab off the shelf. The tea has been enhanced with vitamins and minerals and is formulated for folks ages 12 and up. So this isn't a drink you should be sharing with the little ones.

That being said how did I like it? Well as much as I don't like pop I don't care much for juice either. Not surprising from an all water, all the time girl. I just find them to be way too sweet. However if I am picking juice it will likely be apple, but even then -- too sweet. So the Fuji Apple with it's light not overly sweet apple taste was a huge hit with me. I had a selection of the drinks out at the last movie night and the ladies that tried it were all in agreement - the fruit flavours were light and refreshing, not overly sweet or overpowering. Mike's favourite was the mandarin orange and neither of us were overly fond of the acai blueberry. It was alright, but I prefer to eat my blueberries rather than drink them.

Nestea is also currently running a Release the Goodness campaign in which they encourage you to Drink Good. Do Good. Repeat.... Each month from now until the end of December they are accepting stories (up to 1000 characters) detailing how you've released the goodness and how you would you use the $5000 "goodness cash" prize. There is a separate contest for each month and you can enter once per contest period. The contest is open to legal residents of Canada 18 years or older. For full contest rules, please see the website.

1 comment:

Julie said...

i got three cases too. Love the mandarin. The apple is good. Had the same reaction with the blueberry. NO one seemed to like that one.