Saturday, January 08, 2011

knowing me, knowing you - january 2011

I'm feeling pretty great these days, if a little tired. Considering I work full time outside of the house and have two little-ish kids and spend far too many late night hours putzing about on the interwebs, that's to be expected. I'm ready to get things back on track here in my little corner of the blogosphere. So tonight we welcome Knowing Me, Knowing You back into the blogmother fold.

1. Okay so you have $5 million to spend in five days and you can't spend it on yourself or your family. What do you spend it on?

Well I would outfit our school with new gym equipment, the stuff we have now is old. Been there since before I went there and let me tell you there have been some startling advances in volleyball net technology in the past few decades. Not to mention hockey nets and the like. I'd also give a chunk to our church. We're a small congregation with a questionable future, I'd love to be able to put the questions to rest for a while longer. I'd hang out at the grocery store and pay for everyone's groceries. I'd partner with a bridal salon and pay for wedding dresses. I'd do the same at a baby store and pay for strollers, car seats and cribs. I'd eat all my meals out for 5 days and drop big ass tips on the wait staff. I'd gather a team of knitters/crocheters and pay for the wool to knit/crochet scarves, hats and mitts for Wesley Centre and blankets and hats for the NICU that took such great care of my baby girls. I'd buy an inflatable movie screen and host kick ass movie nights in our hood to raise money for charity. Am I at $5 million yet?

2. What's your favourite type of food?

Well I wouldn't call myself a foodie, but I do love food. Luckily I'm surrounded by folks that can cook really well. If I was forced to pick I think I'd have to say Italian. Mmmmm cheese and pasta! What could be better than that? Don't worry Mexican food, you're running a very close second. Spicy meat and cheese. Oh yum.

3. What is the best concert you've ever attended?

Garth Brooks. No question. Go ahead and judge. I love country music, I'm not afraid to admit it. I saw Garth many years ago in a smallish arena that holds about 18,000 people. Such a high energy show and he just sang hit after hit. Best show ever.

4. What sports do you like?

Um, none. I mean I watch some of whatever Mike is watching... hockey and baseball mostly with the odd basketball game thrown in there. I've never played organized sports. I do love love love the Olympics, summer and winter, and watch as much as I can every two years.

5. Who is your favourite cartoon character of all time?

I loved the Smurfs back in the day, but Papa Smurf was my favourite. I think it was the red outfit.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun! Have suggestions for next months questions? Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know.

5 comments:

Goofball said...

the smurfs are Belgian :). Did you know?

Shan said...

Goofball - I had no idea!

Danielle S said...

I played along too ;)

Scatteredmom said...

I finally am in on this! Took me long enough. :)

Julie said...

i'm glad to see it back!