Monday, January 31, 2011

poor little sick girl

Maya was whiny and pink cheeked this afternoon. Today was a school day, so I chalked it up to her being overtired from her full day. She refused dinner saying her stomach was sore and just sat at the table being out of sorts.

After dinner she climbed into my lap as I sat in the rocking chair and curled up like she used to when she was a baby. Of course she took up a lot less room back then. So we rocked and she drifted off to sleep and I was just enjoying the moment with my five year old baby.

And then she sat up and puked all over the two of us. The stomach bug has hit the blogmother abode. Hard. Now we're both on our third set of jammies and I'm feeling pretty thankful I've convinced her to sleep on the couch beside me because the both of us in the rocker is somewhat of a tight fit these days.

3 comments:

Goofball said...

ouch poor girl indeed, hope she gets better quickly. Stomac bugs are so aweful to deal with

Chantal said...

oh noooooooooo. Poor you (and poor her). I hope it has already passed. Take Care.

Leah said...

OH NO! I hope she's better now that it's been a few days!