Friday, February 25, 2011

friday high five - on top of my bruger

Friday night often finds me at 10pm watching Triple D with my secret boyfriend Guy Fieri. Which is awesome because I love it, but also sucks because it makes me want to eat a hamburger because they always go to at least one place that makes kick ass burgers. You may not know, but burgers are my ultimate favourite thing. I could eat burgers everyday for the rest of my life. True story.

So for today's Friday High Five, my five favourite burger toppers.

1. Purple onion. Yeah, I know they call it a "red" onion, but have you seen one? That's purple, my friend. Also my girl the Mommy Project calls it a purple onion and she's all kinds of cool.

2. Havarti or really any nice creamy fabulous when melty kind of cheese.

3. These uber yummy spicy sandwich stacker dills. Maybe with a pickled pepper ring or two thrown on for good measure.

4. Regular old iceberg lettuce.

5. Zucchini relish. I love all kinds of relish... dill, corn, regular green, but zucchini is my first love.

3 comments:

TMLfans.ca said...

No mustard or ketchup? Mmm, I agree - burgers are awesome! Cheers, Rick

Bibliomama said...

I don't know what Triple D is or who that guy is, but I absolutely agree the onion is purple. And I make a mean goat cheese/marinara burger.

Shan said...

@Rick - Sure I love ketchup and mustard, but I can go without too.

@Bibliomama - Triple D is Diners, Drive ins and Dives. It's on the foodnetwork Friday nights. It is my favourite show on that channel. Also, that burger sounds awesome. Mmmm goat cheese.