Wednesday, February 02, 2011

h2o

I have quickly figured out that the weeks in which I manage to drink lots of water and green tea are the weeks I am more successful at the scales. It's not as easy as you'd think to make sure you're getting enough liquids.... at least not for me. I won't tell you how many cups of tea I've let go cold. Occupational hazard when you're a Mom I suppose. There's always something interrupting me from the task at hand. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll throw it in the microwave to reheat, but most of the time I just drink it cold. I think I've developed a taste for it that way and every time I finish up my cold cup of tea I can't help, but remember my Mom drinking her cold coffee when I was a kid and we were living in our house in the city. Although I was young I can still remember wondering how she could drink it like that. Of course this was in the days before we all had microwaves on our counter, so there was no quick and easy reheating option... still it's funny, now I'm doing the same thing. Sorry for all that cold coffee Mom! xo

One thing I've found helpful in making sure I get in enough green tea is some fun mugs.

010018


My Mom got me the pretty travel mug, there were two in the box so I'm never without a clean mug. I love that it looks like a take out cup, but it's actually ceramic....or whatever. I drink a cup of tea on my way to work. It's my only guaranteed hot tea of the day since my commute is only about 10 minutes and my goal is to have it gone before I get there. The other two I picked up myself because I liked the shape and the size of the handle. Nothing I hate more than an awkwardly shaped, placed or sized mug handle.

Sometimes the little things are big things, am I right?

How about you? Are you getting enough water?

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Working on it. I think about half the days I know I have enough, the other half is questionable. =)

Pam said...

So hard to do! I'm a coffee addict and I need more of the good clear stuff. Excuse me, I shall go drink some now.