Friday, March 18, 2011

survivor

I think he was joking when my buddy JC asked if I could make a Survivor cake, but then his girl, TC... who was my girl first.... just sayin'..... asked me if I could make a Survivor cake. I told her I'd see, but really that was just to buy me some time, so I could tell her later that I couldn't via text message because I am not that talented. Not by a long shot. Of course then I came home and told Mike about it and he was all.... yes, you CAN do it. And I was all like...whatever! I can not!

And that brought me to google. I googled. I did. I looked at Survivor cakes that other more talented cake makers had made and I thought... hey maybe I can do this.

What do you think?

010008


I based this on a cake design I found when I was googling. That was the logo from I can't remember which season. And yes, any Survivor fan worth his or her salt knows that the outer oval of the logo is usually black, but black icing turns the inside of your mouth purple and I was looking to avoid that. I ended up finishing this cake just after 11. I hated it as I was decorating it. I didn't think it was going to come together, but then it did. Right at the end and I was so pumped and there was no one up for me to share it with. I tried to get Mike up, but I knew it was pointless to try even as I headed up the stairs. Thank goodness for cellphones and unlimited texting. I took a picture with my phone and texted it to my Mom, who was up. Yay for Moms and modern technology. Oh and I think JC liked it too.

Are you watching this season of Survivor?

6 comments:

Kaci said...

It looks great!!! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Betsy Hart said...

I am not watching Survivor, but I think the cake looks incredible! =)

JC said...

JC LOVED it!! Thanks again!

Merry said...

I think you did a great job!

Julie said...

awesome!! you totally got it. don't watch it, but it would seem that the key person loved it and that's all that counts. ;-)

Leah said...

Shan!!! This turned out amazing!!!