Thursday, March 31, 2011

time again

Today we spent some time at our local Children's Hospital. It was time for Abby to have an ecg or as she was calling it an "intervention". I had incorrectly assumed that we would be seeing her cardiologist, but today wasn't a clinic day, so it was just the ecg and now we wait for the results.

Abby was very anxious about the scan. The last one she had was when she was 4 and she couldn't remember what it would entail. I have to admit all that anxiety caught up with me as we made our way down to the hospital. Traveling that same route we took to day after day when Maya was in NICU had me tearing up a bit. It's funny how your body remembers the stress. Not to mention Abby, it's so easy to forget that there is anything wrong with her.

In the four years since we've last been they made big changes at the hospital. So it was easier sitting in a new waiting room and visiting new examination rooms. I watched the whole exam, but have no idea what I was looking at, but I watched it. Abby watched Phineas and Ferb and held my hand the whole time.

When we finally got out of there we celebrated with a dollar store shopping spree and then we hit up Value Village for some new books and a killer deal on a sweet Little Pets house.

Only four years until we got to relive that anxiety all over again.

1 comment:

Bibliomama said...

Agh. Sorry - I didn't know about any of this. It's so true how your body remembers the stress. My kids have only been in the hospital for non-life-threatening non-permanent stuff, but it still gives me the shakes.