Sunday, May 01, 2011

extreme couponing update #4*

Well I kind of missed last week's update in amongst the Easter/birthday festivities last week. Grocery shopping was thrown off too since we shopped a day early... Friday is usually grocery day, but all the stores were going to be closed due to Good Friday and most of the flyers didn't start until the Saturday and we were having company for the weekend and we were shopping off the cuff. Still it wasn't too bad, we spent $210, which is $10 over our budget, but still pretty good considering the extras that a holiday weekend with company comprises of. I was proud of that.

Now Thursday night is supposed to be my night to peruse the flyers and see what items I can ad match or, better yet, ad match in addition to using a coupon. This past Thursday night, however, I may have wasted away an entire evening playing two games of scrabble online with my pal TC. She's a horrible cheat, by the way, and I'm not just saying that because she's been handing my ass to me. So grocery shopping was a bit by the seat of my pants, but I did look over the flyers during my lunch and found some fantastic ad matches this week.

And I took a picture of my haul!

030006


So this it what's going on here... I bought little in the way of produce since there was sit lots left over from last week. This weekend was Jammie Movie Night's second birthday, so there's some fun extras to celebrate that. I also indulged in some minor stockpiling. There was some great deals on at other stores so I took advantage of that.

The Jane's nuggets are $10.97, but another store had them on for $4.99. I had a great coupon for buy 2 ziploc products and get 2 free. Time to stock up on sandwich bags.... yes I know they are horrible, as are chicken nuggets, but if it makes you feel better I only buy Jane's nuggets and only if they are on sale. I eat the egg whites every morning for breakfast and since they were on for a dollar less at another store I bought a couple to store in the freezer. I would have bought more, but we only have the little freezer on top of our fridge and it's already at capacity. It took all of Mike's former big name shipping company mad plane packing skillz to get everything in there.

And now... the bottom line -

Coupons - $6.54
Ad Matching - $19.24
Discount - $19.04
Total Savings $44.82

After deducting all of that we spent $174.82. That's $25.18 under our budget.

Total savings to date - $167.86

1 comment:

Bibliomama said...

Nice. I only buy Jane's breaded chicken stuff too (although my kids don't like chicken nuggets - isn't that stupid?). Very nice grocery display. :)