Tuesday, September 13, 2011

sunday randoms on an almost tuesday morning

Oh my gosh how did it get to be this late? I've had my head down working on Touch a Truck stuff for hours. Totally missed my window to call Papa and politely decline his offer to babysit... seeing as he's supposed to be at the same meeting I need to be at and hence need the for a babysitter.

Today is Grandma Sandi's birthday. We celebrated last night with lasagna and cake and cupcakes. Happy birthday!

On Sunday at church they had a special "bless the backpacks" service. All the kids brought their backpacks with them and Charlie blessed them for the coming year. It may have been the best service I have ever been to. I know I don't often get all religious on ya, but truthfully.... if I were Oprah I'd tell you I had an ah-ha moment Sunday morning.

Like I am sure many of you did, we spent the weekend huddled around the TV watching endless 9/11 documentaries and specials. Even 10 years later it was still incredibly hard to watch. I was thankful for the Spielberg series Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero. It injected an incredible feeling of hope and healing into the weekend. You really should watch the entire series if you have the chance. Oh and before you drive yourself crazy for six episodes, like I did, it's Ed Harris narrating.

I know some people who's first language is Spanish, not surprisingly when they get together they often start talking in their native tongue. I mentioned to Grandma Linda, in front of Maya, that I was going to secretly take Spanish lessons and surprise them one day. To which Maya replied..... I can teach you Spanish Mom! Hola is Hello, gracias is thank you and uno is one. So I'm good!

I think I shall exceed my goal of donating 12 scarves this year. I'm working on scarf number 10 and I have about ten face cloths knitted up as well.

Thought I would get my Mom to teach me to crochet in the hopes of crocheting up some baby blanket to donate to our local NICU. I'm not quite sure who was laughing harder... my Mom or me. Who can figure out that dang one needle thing? I gave the ole college try until we were both laughing too hard to see straight and then went back to my two needle knitting where I belong.

2 comments:

Merry said...

I'm so glad Maya taught you Spanish. Think of all the time you saved! Priceless! :)

Betsy Hart said...

That is too cute about her teaching you spanish!