Monday, May 07, 2012

express yourself

Abby's school recently held an "express yourself" day. It was a twist on the anti-bullying theme where they took a day to celebrate what makes them all different and special. As part of the day the kids were encouraged to dress in a way that, they felt, expressed themselves.


GosmsPhoto1336445800158.jpg


Not surprisingly Abby expressed herself through art. That's the shirt she decorated with help from a couple of her besties. Art rocks. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I heard her say that. This project was super cute for a lot of reasons, but I think the biggest was that she did it all with very little input from me. My girl JJ was nice enough to let them create away at her place.... big smooches to her for that. Abby had an absolute blast and was very proud of her creation. It was totally her!

1 comment:

Merry said...

Love her shirt! You can tell by her big smile that she loves it!