Monday, May 07, 2012

sunday randoms

Did I tell you I got a library card? I had a virtual library card that was good for borrowing ebooks on my kobo (still so in love with that thing I can't even tell you), but they discontinued the virtual card..... without warning, I might add. So I had to get the real deal card to continue on with my digital borrowing. I'm kinda excited to have a library card.... did you know you can borrow dvds? I've already put a couple of dvd sets of TV shows on hold. Time to see what all the fuss about Downton Abbey is about... you know, once the 105 people in line ahead of me are done. It's free, but you gotta be patient.

Took the kids and hit up some garage sales this weekend. It was a bit of an experiment, just to see what the tolerance level was for all of us. They were fantastic and great little shoppers to boot. They both came home with an armload of books (made me very happy) and Abby scored a brand new Roots purse for a quarter. She is ridiculously in love with that purse. Maya's big score was a brand new Little Pets gym for fifty cents. She is also ridiculously in love.

No running this weekend. I missed it and yet enjoyed the impromptu break.

Friday afternoon I crawled into bed as soon as I got home with my second ever migraine. Wow, that can happen again never. Poor Mike spent all day farming and came home with one himself tonight.

Guess who misplaced half of the silent auction donations... yep, this chick. It was super duper funny when I found them though. Oh thank God, I found them.

Had a nice chat with Uncle Dave this weekend on the phone. We don't talk all that often on the phone. We text and tweet mostly, but this weekend we chatted. He's been explaining cycling to me. I used to think it was all about getting on the bike and riding, but it's not at all. It's been interesting learning that's it's so much more than that.

And how was your weekend?

No comments: