Sunday, May 13, 2012

sunday randoms

Had our yearly wing ding fundraiser for Abby and Maya's school. I had a blast organizing this thing with a couple of my best girls and I actually won something at the silent auction this year. A set of early reader books for MyPie. I was hoping for the yearly conservation authority pass, but I got outbid pretty hardcore on that one.


GosmsPhoto1336965558262.jpg


Pretty wicked garage sale score this weekend. I loved this book back in the day and have been looking for it for the girls for ages. I've seen it on ebay, but for more cash then I was willing to pay. Picked this and two Toy Story chapter books for $1. I read this to Maya last night and both her and Grover were afraid of the monster at the end of the book. It was very funny. She really wanted to hear the end of the story, but not 100% sure she wanted me to keep turning pages.


GosmsPhoto1336965597097.jpg


Whipped up a little cake for all the Moms at church.


GosmsPhoto1336965655009.jpg


A little Mother's Day shopping trip with my Mom and my baby girls. New shoes for all. Well new flippies for the girls and actual honest to goodness running shoes for me. Thanks Mama! My feet shall thank you!


GosmsPhoto1336965683763.jpg


These are the shoes the girls wish they were buying. Honest to goodness Barbie shoes. Notice how neither one of them can tear their eyes away to look at the camera.


GosmsPhoto1336965714688.jpg


Say what you will about Jessica Simpson, she makes lovely purses. All the purses I feel in love with today were JS. I know, I'm shocked too!

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Chantal said...

I had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful and I enjoyed hanging out with the kids. Happy Mothers day to you!

Kaci said...

What a great day! =)

Anonymous said...

just found this on another blog and thought you HAD TO KNOW!!!!

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/monster-at-end-this-book...starring/id409467802?mt=8

p.s. I have been a silent follower of yours for over a year. I admire you, your genuine approach to life & your wonderful, beautiful family. I originally found your blog through my friend Bibliomama :) I have two young girls myself and love reading about your girls and their adventures. I tip my hat to you and your generous heart, with all the various community & charitable works you all take part in. I look forward to reading more!

Just thought I would let you know you have some silent admirers out here ;) -Lynette from Ottawa