Tuesday, July 03, 2012

stronger

Okay, can you put up with just one more Relay post? Last year, by the time morning rolled around I was dead. Well and truly dead. My hips were killing me from all the walking. I got home and crawled into bed and slept for hours and hours. I felt wretched and hungover for the rest of the weekend.

This year, 20.5lbs lighter and a "runner", by the time morning came around I felt awesome. Relatively speaking, I mean I had been up for 25 hours and I walked over 15km, but I felt good. My legs and hips weren't killing me, I stayed up for about 20 minutes after I got home instead of crawling upstairs to bed. It was a very difference experience this year.

Why didn't I start running years ago?

1 comment:

Goofball said...

well at least you are running now and you get to enjoy the effect