Monday, March 17, 2008

Do you wear your baby? I often wished I'd worn Maya around in a sling. She certainly needed it, but I would convince myself that she was going to outgrow this need to be attached to me 24/7 any minute. Boy was I wrong. I'm still wrong. I often times I'm trying to type with her on my lap while she points out my eyes, ears, nose and mouth for the eleventy billionth time. Not that I'm complaining, it's just a sling would have made my life a million times easier. So are you a baby wearer? Would you like to be? Want to learn more about it? Pop pn over to Adventures in Babywearing, she's busy amassing a Babywearing Blogroll.

Show of hands of all the Moms out there who feel like they are perpetually out of time. I know I'm one of them. How many times have you wished for a few more hours in the day? I know I'm constantly battling with trying to fit everything and still manage to get some sleep at night. To that end I'm always on the look out for helpful time management tips. Jessica over at Kerflop hasn't written an eye opening post on that very subject. It makes so much sense now!

Blog I love to visit; Cakes by Kelsie. Go check out the very impressive cakes this 16 year old blogger is putting together.

This is kinda gross, but soooo funny. It's not all bad though, at least he hugged her first.

What could be better today than green beer? Well the premiere of Dancing With the Stars 6 of course. Abby has already decided that Kristi Yamaguchi is her favourite. This could mean big things for Kristi, last season Abby picked Helio and Julianne as her favourites and they won the whole thing. Tonight was the men's showcase and I have only one question to ask; Cristian de la Fuenta, where have you been all my life? Do we have a new secret boyfriend? I think we might.

Happy St Patrick's day all!

5 comments:

Kellan said...

I have to be honest - I had never even heard of baby-wearing until I started blogging last Sept. - can you believe the size of the rock I must be living under over here! Thanks for all the links - see you soon. Kellan

Don Mills Diva said...

I tried to wear my son but he HATED it. He screamed and screamed until I finally gave up...

mommytherobot.blogspot.com said...

you know, i tried to do that when my daughter was around 3mos. but the only sling i found was from bjorn and i guess it was too big that she disappeared inside of it. i did use the front-pack one. that was really convenient when i had it on. putting it on and off was a little too complicated. and trying to pee was ... interesting

Anonymous said...

Funny. I'd forgotten the challenge of baby wearing while going to the bathroom. I used a front pack with my daughter, but really wish I'd used a sling. Her feet barely hit the floor until she was about six months old and ready to crawl. Attachment parenting proponents say it leads to more independent children, but Laura is two and still spends much of her time hanging/sitting/crawling on me. Maybe they mean self-sufficient at a later age. That would be nice.

Angela said...

I do love the sling Gregory is 2 1/2 and I still lug him around in it.
Your bread sounds so good.
I guess I must be a lazy cook.