Thursday, September 18, 2008

where on earth do these thoughts come from?

The four of us are in the van traveling from the sitters to home. It's relatively quiet with the exception of Johnny Cash playing in the cd player. And out of nowhere Abby says.....

Mom, when I die, do you promise to put Fuzzy, Galion and my kitties with me so I'm not lonely in the dirt?

Are you kidding me? What do you even say to that? My heart shattered into a million pieces, right then, by the mere thought of it. I'm not sure where this came from, but it's been mentioned a few times since. I'm hoping I've reassured her enough that we can stop having that conversation.

4 comments:

Kaci said...

LOL oh wow! :)

Mommy Project said...

Maddie still does this, too, Shan. The other day she said something about how Hippo will always be young...and how even when she is _dead_ Hippo will still be around. I half-think she does it now on purpose (to see Mommy's eyes well up instantly with tears!!) because I'll say, "OH! MA-DEEE!" and she'll smile and say, "Ok. I'll stop saying that". :-/

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - kids certainly do come up with the darndest things huh?

Betsy Hart said...

I think I would cry. Really.