Thursday, March 25, 2010

it's a trap

It occurred to me that while I'd told you about the leprechaun trap I had sitting in the center of my kitchen table I had yet to share a picture.

030078


Isn't it the cutest thing ever?

The ladder on the side is to help the leprechaun get to the top of the hat, where if you look closely you'll notice "the bait". It's a little ball of yellow tissue paper -- aka a piece of gold. When the leprechaun gets to the top of the hat to grab the gold, he'll fall through to the body of the hat. At which point we're to grab him, put him in a jar and then force him to tell us where he hid his pot of gold. At least those were my instructions the first night Abby brought it home. She was going out for the evening with Mike and I was being left in charge of monitoring the trap.

Of course when she got home.....

Abby: Did I catch a leprechaun while I was out?
Me: Nope, you didn't.
Abby: I can't believe it. I really want to catch one.
Me: I don't think the odds are good. They are very hard to catch.
Abby: Well they are real you know! Janey and Tara both saw one. And they wouldn't lie to me Mom. They wouldn't!

5 comments:

Julie said...

awesome trap. have to remember that one in the next couple of years. i love how abby's plate is empty and there is lots of yummy food on the table. i guess she wasn't buying to that dinner that night? ;-)

Goofball said...

so cool

do post a picture when you've caught one....I'm very curious for them as well!! :)

allison said...

How cute -- she does look a little disgusted with the lack of leprechaun. Eve has a fairy that lives with her -- she only visits at night though.

Merry said...

Awesome idea! I'll have to help Evan build a trap next year. So cute.

I sent you a virtual Easter Basket in the Hershey's Easter Bloghop. They donate $10 per bloghop post to Children's Miracle Network. Hope you decide to play along (come by my blog for the info).

Shan said...

Julie - Super cute craft, she did it at school. She's got a real creative teacher right now. She's had three so far this year. And about dinner, not really, but that's fairly true for most nights.

Goofball - you can bet that I will.

Allison - she does doesn't she.

Merry - Thanks, I mean real chocolate would be better... not for my ass of course, but still...